Here are my top tips to help you track down your perfect pair:
• The best way to discover what suits you is to try on as many different styles as possible. Have an open mind and try on styles of jeans that you wouldn’t usually consider, you might be surprised!
• 100% cotton jeans are rigid and often need a lot of wearing in. If you want a little more stretch to your denim then look for a blend that contains 1-2% elastane/lycra.
• If you are in between sizes, opt for a pair of jeans in your smaller size, as they often become looser after multiple wears.
• Mid and high rise jeans tend to be a more flattering fit for women because they elongate the legs and hold in any lumps and bumps, giving more streamline appearance. Low rise jeans can cause a ‘muffin top’ effect and make legs appear shorter.
• Take your trainers and a pair of heels shopping with you, so you can see how the jeans look with both styles of shoes in the fitting room. There’s nothing more frustrating then buying a pair of jeans that look great with the footwear you wore to the shops, but nothing else.
• When you are trying on multiple pairs of jeans, take a photo of you wearing each pair in the fitting room. Then, you can skim through your photos, to see which pair looks the most flattering to potentially purchase.
• Darker wash denim is far more wearable than a lighter washes. Dark wash denim looks great all year round and can easily take you from day to night. Whereas a light wash only works throughout the summer months and tends to suit a more casual look.
If you’re not sure which style of jeans suit your body shape, why not book in and see me for a Style Consultation?
Terms & Conditions